FireHydrant is building the only reliability-focused platform. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees who sit across the United States and we’re growing. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
About the Role
FireHydrant is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our Design Team. In this role, you’ll be building tools used by developers and SREs to solve some of their most stressful reliability problems. You’ll work across multiple platforms–web and mobile UIs, chat, and CLIs–to create usable, accessible, and beautiful interfaces to our products. The Design Team is a collaborative group from different design and technical backgrounds who combine their experience with industry research, data insights, customer feedback, and peer review into a user-centered design process.
You’ll be working on
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers to define problems, map user flows, prototype solutions, and launch new products or features
- Creating an environment of feedback and continuous improvement through design reviews, regular product audits, and user research
- Design for short-term features and developing a long-term strategy for your specific product area alongside Product and Engineering
- Integrating their design expertise with other disciplines like copywriting, research, and customer feedback to build usable and beautiful interfaces to our products
- Mentoring other designers within the team in developing their career and skills
- Contribute to our design system, brand story, and product architecture
We’re looking for someone who
- Clearly expresses their ideas in their favorite medium – sketches, wireframes, prototypes, or code – and wants to grow and hone their skills in the others
- Integrates both qualitative and quantitative data as part of the design process
- Comes from a range of design backgrounds including product design, design systems, or design operations; or even a range of technical backgrounds like front-end or full stack engineering
- Champions design quality and sets a high bar for themselves, within their team, and across the company
- Enjoys defining, shaping, and scoping ambiguous ideas as much as they like getting their hands dirty on the tactical designs and implementation
- Thrives in a fast-paced product-led technology company, communicates well both synchronously and asynchronously, and has experience working on a distributed team
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio or other platform that highlights your work
- A design-related book, blog, or podcast recommendation
- Your resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your gym membership, therapy sessions. athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather as a company, depending on the safety of such gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Figma, Notion, and Clubhouse
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- Mutual mentorship – we believe in the power of mentorship and that everyone (of all skill levels) has something to learn, and something to teach
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile based on compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The compensation for this position is $175,000, $200,000, or $225,000 depending on leveling.
Applicants MUST include portfolio when applying.
All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.