RevenueCat makes building, analyzing and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator’s summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 40 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We’re a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build and enhance our products that help RevenueCat customers thrive. You will play an instrumental role in providing effective solutions for internal and external customers and building and maintaining highly scalable & reliable backend platforms.
- You have 6+ years of experience working as a backend engineer developing and maintaining highly-available web applications or distributed systems
- You have hands-on experience in technical leadership and influencing the teams in setting the technical direction and best software engineering practices
- You have excellent command of at least one of the mainstream programming languages and some experience with Python
- You know how to ship high quality code using good testing practices and in iterative cycles
- You have a good understanding of database and system performance
- You can independently design and implement product features, but aren’t afraid to seek assistance when needed.
- You have experience in designing, developing, and operating services in cloud-deployed environments
- You have effective communication skills and can partner effectively with teams in a fully remote environment. You are comfortable discussing complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with Product, Design and other engineering teams to scope and implement product features & technical initiatives and contribute to the full development cycle from planning through launch
- Work with the engineering team to proactively detect bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and come up with enhancements
- Be a part of incident response and on-call rotation and help with root cause analysis and solutions
- Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help mentor junior engineers on the team to grow their technical expertise
In the first month, you’ll:
- Get up to speed on our architecture and learn the problem domain
- Implement your first pull request and deploy to our 100s of millions of API consumers
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
Within the first 3 months, you’ll:
- Scope and implement new core features that our customers love
- Learn the basics of incident response, and be on the server on-call rotation
- Make improvements to how we test, review, and ship code to improve quality
Within the first 6 months, you’ll:
- Be the most knowledgeable person on several key features
- Know all the major components of our system and be able to debug complex issues
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
- Be able detect bottlenecks, profile, and come up with enhancements
Within the first 12 months, you’ll:
- Be able to spec, architect, and build any feature we might want to build
- Mentor other engineers joining the team
- Know more about PostgreSQL than anyone ever should
What we offer:
- $164,500 – $196,100 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Unlimited paid time off to prioritize mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth