Senior Product Designer, CMS
HOW DO WE DESIGN?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer’s hands.
As a Senior Product Designer for our CMS Hub, you will contribute to the vision of customers growing their businesses with beautiful, powerful websites. Senior Product Designers at HubSpot operate in small product leadership teams and succeed by collaborating with partners across engineering, product management, analytics, and ux research to make the most impactful design decisions to help customers reach their goals. We’re looking for a highly experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team.
If you like the sound of the role and product design at HubSpot in general, apply here so we can learn more about you.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams. We don’t do sign-offs and burdensome documentation
- We partner closely with user research, content, and analytics to define user problems and validate design solutions
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front-end teammates
- We’re embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios
- Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System Article
At HubSpot, product designers harness design thinking and design strategy to delight and bring value to our customers and partners. It’s important for designers to think critically and to challenge what’s been done before. Using data to define the problem and to understand our users, designers conceptualize and validate solutions that get at the heart of challenges our users face.
We’re looking for skilled product designers to join our team in creating experiences our customers love. Top candidates will:
Senior Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Work on design initiatives that impact bigger systems, multiple product teams, and new product opportunities
- As an experienced designer, you’ll move quickly, be flexible, and build strong and compelling journey scenarios, information architecture, interaction and visual designs
- Working autonomously, while being facilitated by our “living” UI Library and results in a faster, more efficient process with fewer handoffs
- Lead empathy sessions and design workshops to get buy in from your stakeholders and to educate them stakeholders on user problems and the design thinking process
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, partnering with your cross-product design team, engineering, product management, and the broader business
- Our embedded team structure makes collaboration quick and easy
- Influence leadership and help them to understand the impact and vision of design
- Collaborate closely and uniquely with an engaged Engineering team to get stuff done efficiently and effectively
- Help us expand our larger UX strategy and vision
- Guide Product Designers and Associate Product Designers as an engaged mentor
- Passion for creating an unmatched user experience in the software product world
- A strong portfolio with case studies describing how how you defined problems, solved problems, and made an impact on the business using design
- Inherent curiosity about how humans think, behave, and interact with technology
- High degree of experience with a vector and prototyping tool of choice (Sketch, Adobe and InVision are ours)
- At least three to five years of UX Design experience
- Excel at story telling and explaining your visionSuccessful experience working collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management, and UX Research
- Have a love for your craft, a strong desire to always be learning and tackling new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- You are a fierce advocate for the customer but know when to compromise to keep moving and learning
- Nice to have, but not required: undergraduate degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.