We are looking to hire an experienced product designer to work on growth initiatives for Guru. You will be responsible for collaborating cross functionally to optimize and enhance existing user experiences and expand into innovative solutions. By using data (qualitative and quantitative) and an experimentation mentality, you will work to improve monetization areas of our platform, and bring them up to industry standards to help our users succeed.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on all aspects of Product Design, from research and ideation, to interaction and visual design.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to ensure remarkable user experiences.
- Approach UX problems from a research mentality both around industry standards and user data.
- Use UX standard methodologies to support your design decisions
- Collaborate and seek input from your core team and beyond to collect the essential knowledge to inform and support all of your Design and UX initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with our Designers, Product Managers and Engineers.
- Work independently on growth design initiatives and communicate with partners.
- Collaborate closely with our Product Design and Brand Studio teams to ensure our work continuously represents our brand voice, visual identity and UI design systems.
- The Senior designer in growth is an individual contributor (IC) role that will report to a Design Director.
You’ll Know You’re a Good Fit if you:
- Have prior experience as a product designer in billing and / or growth (though not a hard set requirement)
- Are curious about business driven initiatives and can find ways to translate those into user centric experiences.
- Find genuine joy in solving complex problems. Design isn’t just your job – it’s your passion.
- Have a desire to be on a rapidly growing team with a “startup” culture.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for your features.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Get excited by the opportunity to work on cutting-edge, enterprise software that innovates through intelligent leveraging of AI, machine-learning and ground-breaking solutioning.
- Stay on the leading edge of Design and Product thinking through a natural curiosity for the industry. You seek thought leadership through articles, speaking events, podcasts and beyond. You study products and apps to see how other Design teams solve similar problems. You freely share these insights with others and inspire those around you.
- Possess disruptive thinking with the ability to deliver – Bold ideas are your bread & butter. You have multiple examples or case studies of where you’ve shaped and shipped unique design-led work.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Lead by example by doing great work and helping people on the team learn how you do it.
- 5+ years of professional product design experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer, or similar role
- A resume
- A portfolio of work & success, demonstrating your data driven decisions, experimentation mentality, passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered design, combined with eye-grabbing visuals
- Mastery of Sketch, InVision and similar programs in the typical Product Design stack
- Experience working across multiple projects at once
- The ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines at any given time
- Flexible & comfortable with ambiguity & change during a project cycle
- Proactive and articulate communicator and a great teammate across all levels of the organization
- Thorough attention to detail and consistency
- Proven track record of self-direction and follow-through
- A basic understanding of front-end development and tech (HTML, CSS, responsive layouts, etc)
- You embody Guru’s Core Values
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.