As a Product Manager at Moz, you’re dedicated to understanding our market and bringing top-notch solutions to our clients. You’ll develop client relationships, bridge the departments that touch the product, and become a super-user to champion the product both internally and externally. You love nothing more than analyzing a market and making informed decisions to chart the course of a product—from conception through to launch.
The depth and breadth of your experience and knowledge will serve to bolster the product management skill set at Moz while also serving as an example of great product management across the organization.
- You will become an expert on our customer’s and our market, and be able to identify, prioritize and execute on both tactical and strategic projects aligned company and proudct vision
- Strategically grow the product line/projects you’re working on with a data-oriented, client-focused and iterative agile approach – surfacing product wins early and often
- Cultivate and champion a collaborative and skilled approach to product management across the organization.
- You will learn from more senior members of the team, and coach and mentor more junior members
- You will collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- You will dig deep into customer and usage data to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of our efforts
- Act as a resource for guidance on product questions, work definition, etc. for the team during delivery
- Participate in product team planning and strategy
- Communicate product metrics, status, decisions, progress, issues, and other information about product work to stakeholders and across the company
- This is a senior-level position. You have been building software products for a while and have 4+ years experience shipping products as a PM in an agile / scrum / kanban environment
- You have experience in consumer or B2B SaaS and understand the mechanics and economics of a SaaS business
- Experience putting lean methodologies into practice: capable of finding creative ways to quickly validate assumptions underlying both problems and solutions.
- You have worked with engineering teams as a product owner and have demonstrable experience leading cross functional teams to define, execute and iterate on large multi-team, multi-quarter projects
- You are a strong communicator and can lead teams through difficult decisions
- You have an eye for design and UX, and understand how to make design trade-off decisions
- You have worked with product marketing and have defined positioning, pricing and value proposition
- You have strong data skills, be it quantitative analytics or qualitative user research
- You integrate A/B testing as a standard part of your feature rollout plans
- You can break down strategy into tactics and tactics into metrics
- You don’t need to have a technical background, but you do need to understand enough of the technology to weigh in on trade-off decisions with the engineering team
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks and problems with a tenacity to finish what you start
Nice to have
- You have worked on marketing analytics software, or have a background in digital marketing & SEO
About Moz Group
Moz Group, a division of Ziff Davis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZD), is a suite of email, SEO and voice marketing services to help marketers reach their business goals. Our mission is to help businesses grow and engage with customers by offering easy-to-use and effective marketing tools. The Moz Group includes Campaigner, eVoice, iContact, Kickbox, Line2, Moz, SMTP.com and STAT.