We started Super to help maximize lives–both the lives of our customers and the lives of our employees– so that everyone can experience all that life has to offer. For our employees, our promise is that Super is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to unlock one’s potential, where learning is celebrated and impact is realized.
We are more than a fast-paced, high-growth tech company; we care about our people and take career progression seriously. This is your career and our aim is to supercharge it through the people, the work, and the programs that fuel who we are.
About this team
The Product team at Super is a high-performing and fast-paced team of product managers, product designers, user researchers, and program managers who are passionate about creating meaningful, impactful products that help our millions of customers experience more of what life has to offer. Our team is focused on building products that address real customer problems and drive business growth in close collaboration with cross-functional peers in engineering, data, growth, marketing, operations, etc. We are empowered to think outside the box, challenge the status quo, and are passionate about product best practices with a strong data-driven experimentation culture. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes and create an environment that aids learning and growth.
About this role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the Scaling and Core Features team where you will drive both strategy and implementation of foundational features that scale across all of our product verticals (Travel, eCommerce, and Fintech). This is a high-impact role where you will work closely with our Group Product Manager on feature strategy and roadmap, and work closely with cross-functional PMs and Engineers to execute on this roadmap.
Scaling and Core Features team helps build the foundations that many of the other product verticals rely on. This includes features such as a unified login, design system evolutions, navigation, notifications, rewards engine, and experimentation. The team’s goal is to build a strong foundational layer of features and platforms that scales effectively as we grow while improving overall user experience. The team works on both short-term efficiency gains and foundational feature building and preparing the systems for a personalized user experience.
As the Senior PM, you will help drive the strategy and roadmap for the scaling and core features team, achieve alignment with stakeholders, and drive its implementation with an experienced team of PM and engineers.
- Product Management and Ownership: You will drive the product requirements and roadmap of the scaling and core features team. This includes defining product features and specifications in well-defined product requirement documents, breaking larger features into bite-sized implementation roadmaps, and working closely with engineering teams to build and scale these features. You’ll own the roadmap and justify projects against key company objectives and metrics.
- Prioritization: You effectively prioritize feature requirements based on prioritization frameworks to drive maximum outcome with minimal effort – while thinking through the scaling implications of your prioritized roadmap. You help prioritize your team’s efforts across engineering, design, and research teams to achieve the objectives defined.
- User Experience Mapping and Design Collaborations: You will work collaboratively with designers, UXR, Group, and the Director of Product to ensure the ideal user experience is clearly mapped out and validated with data. This creates the foundations for new product innovation and feature improvements. You will be providing critical feedback during design reviews to ensure our designs are effective, scalable, and beautiful.
- Stakeholder Management: The scaling and core features team work closely with many cross-vertical teams and stakeholders, as the features will implicate multiple teams in the company. Key piece of your role is ensuring cross-vertical teams are aligned with the scaling team’s feature roadmap and build. You will be championing internal team pride for our App through your product feature roadmap and work closely with stakeholders on how this team’s feature sets can supercharge their objectives and key results.
- Technical Expertise: You grasp the implications of product requirements and how to translate them into systems design. You are able to differentiate between how to build and test iteratively, but also roadmap towards long-term scalability of systems and platforms. You can review engineering design documents and ensure they achieve the product requirements you have defined. You can effectively challenge effort sizing, and work collaboratively with the engineering team to balance outcome and effort.
- Data Analysis: You will back your roadmap and strategy through data analysis done by yourself, and working with data teams on deep-dive analysis. You can dive into raw data sets and drive key insights, and summarize complex data insights into clear business strategies. You know what makes experiments effective and can bring this expertise in the way you help drive better experimentation within the organizations.
- Team Leadership and Mentorship: At Super, we’re constantly helping each other uplevel our product management skillsets. You will have product managers working with you to help actualize on the product features and roadmap. You as the Senior PM will help lead and mentor these PMs to execute on the feature roadmap effectively. You will share best practices you’ve learned and adopted with the team to help uplevel them into future Senior PMs. You will help provide feedback, review ticket specifications and PRDs written by the team members.
- Process Improvement: You will be the product lead that works with a cross-functional mission-aligned team (Design, Engineering, Data, Business and PMs) to drive the teams objectives forward. You will lead agile sprint processes and make consistent improvements to internal processes, documentation, sprint rituals and more.
- 3+ years of experience in product management, building foundational features, and scaling them through phased rollouts
- You’ve built and iterated upon MVP features and have experience building both 0-1 features and iterating on them to help teams achieve 1-10 growth
- You have deep technical expertise that enables you to translate product requirements into systems thinking and scale the feature sets effectively
- You’re detail-oriented and can write clear and detailed product requirements and specs with use cases
- You are exceptional at delivering products small and large on time and with few bugs, navigating options to deal with bumps in the road, achieving outcomes, and assisting product execution across multiple engineering teams
- You have the aptitude to dive into sets of raw data to draw key insights that can be used to drive business outcomes. You can summarize complex data insights into clear business outcomes and insights and can effectively communicate this to stakeholders to drive decisions. Experience with using Amplitude is a plus
- You are an experienced Jira and Confluence user, and can effectively manage your team’s roadmap, backlog, and sprints through these tools. You are also skilled in leading and coaching on effective rituals within the teams (grooming calls, sprint planning, stand-ups, retros, demos, etc.)
- You are effective in driving stakeholder alignment through concise presentations or written documentation
- You are able to thrive in ambiguity with a flexible operating range and constantly call into question assumptions and biases
Nice to have
- Design background, or experience building design systems with design and engineering teams
- Experience or knowledge working with amplitude, SQL, Excel and Google sheets to analyze and summarize insights for stakeholders
- You’re experienced working with Figma, and Storybook, and have worked with engineering teams to develop both Mobile and web features
We’ve got you covered
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote-first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.