At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
As more people turn to Vercel, we’ll continue to meet the needs of modern web developers. We’re looking for a product leader to help shape and deliver on our vision to empower teams around the world which is to build and ship secure, performant applications and create rich end-user experiences that improve the lives of people operating in countless different industries all around the world, every day.
This is an opportunity to make the story of our products crisp and bring the most inspirational products at Vercel to life. You’ll help improve developers’ experience collaborating on Vercel and bringing their stakeholders closer to their work.
What You Will Do:
- Own the vision and strategy for your area: You will be responsible for shaping and executing the vision for Preview Comments and the collaboration product area and will need to work across the company to understand stakeholder needs, build customer empathy, back up decisions with metrics, and ship products that meet the demands of our user base.
- Manage your backlog: Make tough prioritization decisions while helping the team think about the near and long-term reality of shipping enterprise software.
- Build trust and cultivate influence with stakeholders: Understand our business needs and consistently and accurately represent our customers’ pain points and how we’re resolving them on the roadmap.
- Make data-driven decisions: Use data to help you form hypotheses about prioritizing your roadmap, and validate your decisions. Look for trends in the data to help you pinpoint where customers might be experiencing inefficiencies and unnecessary pain on the platform.
- Connect with customers daily: building relationships with them is key to helping them get the most out of Vercel.
- Own the outcome and success for your area: Collaborate with the team to fully understand what success means for each ship, and then represent that outcome at all company levels.
- You are someone with a technical background in software engineering.
- You are someone who has been or is embedded in open-source communities.
- You are keen to experiment, test the status quo, and challenge norms in the name of delivering customer value that is secure, reliable, and performant.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in software iteration cycles and products in this space.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $185,000.00 – $210,000.00. This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company’s compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.