Senior Product Manager – Deals/Discounts
A Senior Product Manager on our B2B team at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap that will help grow a product line within the B2B marketplace.
In this role, you will help determine our strategy for building world class tools for our customers and making complex trade-offs between company priorities. You will have to drive key metrics that directly impact top-level company goals. Whether that means building new features and services, driving new partnerships, managing complex compliance requirements, or building APIs to integrate with third party tools and services.
We are looking for a product leader with deep intuition and passion for developing great user experiences, the ability to collaborate & communicate with team members from every function and at every level, and an analytical approach to understanding and solving problems.
The impact you’ll make:
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap, and design to deliver against team and company growth goals.
- Prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product development with a team of engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Build internal partnerships and influence: scaling our platforms and delivering a consistent, engaging user experience requires teamwork across many job functions and levels.
- Be the subject matter expert on sellers and buyers, ranging from very small regional sellers to enterprise level national brands.
- Identify and assess opportunities for target market segments, segment sizing, and ideal user targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment
- Balance build vs. buy decisions when expanding our usage of engagement + third party marketing automation tools
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of experience in product management
- 2+ years of experience building, optimizing, maintaining marketplaces and seller focused tools and services.
- Strong foundational product skills like A/B testing, analytics, user research, and storytelling
- Deep understanding of growth loops, funnel metrics, and behavioral patterns
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business outcomes and/or products that move the needle on company metrics
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL and data analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel or similar)
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Solid understanding of the technical implementation of product ideas, and the ability to build relationships with Engineering Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Marketers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Sound business judgment as well as a proven track record of thinking clearly (invent/simplify), analyzing quantitatively, problem-solving, scoping and prioritizing technical requirements
- Experience in E-Commerce or Marketplaces
- Proven track record of driving critical technical investment decisions across multiple businesses and senior leaders
- MBA degree
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!