Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building the next generation of Behavior Analytics software for product teams. We make it easy for them to transform insights of user behavior into business outcomes by putting people at the center of every product. Reporting into our Director of Product Management, we are looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Product Manager to join our Activation Squad; someone with both an experimentation background and the reasoning to make big bets in uncharted territory – and know when it’s appropriate to use either approach in moving our product forward.
As a Senior Product Manager in our Engage & Retain Tribe, you’ll work with teams from multiple squads and departments to foster healthy habits in the earliest days of our new users’ journeys. You will do this by developing in-depth product, customer, and market insight, translating that insight into a healthy portfolio of hypotheses and experiments that can help us provide an outstanding onboarding experience to our new users, and wow our existing users by highlighting contextually appropriate value every time they experience our product.
- Collaborate with Hotjar’s product leadership team to help plan and execute a bold strategy to completely level-up our new users’ onboarding and activation journeys.
- Develop a firm understanding of our new users’ needs and mental models through qualitative research, data analytics and experimentation
- Prioritize a healthy portfolio of experiments and product changes that can guide our HEART metrics (Happiness, Engagement, Adoption, Retention and Task Success)
- Form part of the Product and Engineering team by collaborating with Product Designers, Product Marketers and Engineers – from discovery to delivery, on to monitoring after release.
- Partner with our Sales, Success and Support teams to identify common user issues and potential user experience and product improvements.
- 5+ years’ of Product Management experience, ideally within SaaS, working on a cross-functional team responsible for signups, onboarding, engagement or retention.
- User-centric approach to product management with a proven track record for building and testing delightful user experiences at scale.
- Experience designing, modeling, running and analysing A/B tests.
- Mindset that thinks big and starts small.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
The compensation range for this role is either €75,000 to €100,000 (Senior Product Manager) or €95,000 €125,000 (Staff Product Manager) annually, depending on seniority level. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.