Are you passionate about running experiments in the customer journey to influence business decisions? Do you have experience working collaboratively and have an ability to advocate for what matters? Are you excited about joining a quickly growing team and making an impact on our platform? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
The Growth team is the cornerstone of experimental insights and learning at Thinkific. As a Product Manager on this team, you’ll own the experiments that uncover insights into product features that make our customers more successful. You will work closely with Thinkific customers, alongside the other experimentation teams, and collaboratively with other departments (like Marketing, Engineering, and Design) to deliver solutions to our customers’ needs and provide ongoing thought leadership in the online education space.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional members on Growth (including Analysts, Engineers, and Marketers) to determine solutions to customer needs and facilitate solutions that drive both business outcomes and customer value
- Own the flow of specific hypotheses, from ideation and development to insights and iteration—all while collaborating with other departments
- Influence the company-wide product roadmap and other Product Managers with the insights from winning and losing experiments from the Growth team
- Demonstrate deep knowledge about our customers and your product area while having the humility to test your own assumptions and uncover what you don’t know
- Measure and report on the team’s progress and impact to the business in a transparent and effective way. This includes defining key business and services success metrics, tracking them, and improving upon them
- Fully understand the “why” from identifying themes, customer research and opportunities from historical experiments
- Review and learn from your work, framing up new opportunities and celebrating wins!
- Contribute to and help raise the bar on our Product Management team practices
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 4+ years of experience in a product management, strategy consulting role, or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Possess an understanding of and interest in mapping data to the customer journey and influencing business decisions
- Work well cross-functionally—incorporating feedback from various departments, articulating your ideas, and providing clear reasoning and details to backup your decisions
- Have a knack for getting stuff done–you love to move things forward, creatively work through challenges or blockers, and make decisions
- Be able to excite and align people around a common goal and advocate for what matters
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of key SaaS metrics and statistical and data modeling concepts
- Have experience accessing, transforming, and analyzing data from a variety of sources (ie. SQL, Tableau, Mixpanel, Excel) and summarizing insights into slides
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit-maybe you’ve launched an open-source project, completed a Kickstarter campaign, or created a popular smartphone app to solve a problem you saw
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in consulting, finance, or data science/data analysis
- Possess experience with designing websites or landing pages and writing copy
- Have an interest in contributing to our Product Management practices and helping to better how our Product team works collectively
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!