At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re expanding our impact further by building new products that will help our customers save money and provide for their families with pride.
As the Product Manager for Marketplace, you’ll build new experiences to connect Fresh EBT users with opportunities to save money and earn income. You’ll own the development of a shopping feature within the app, linking our users to new opportunities to shop online with an EBT card. You may work with our data science team to optimize delivery of our ads with machine learning tools, refine the existing job search feature in the app, or build new tools for sorting or saving offers. You’ll develop a comprehensive product strategy for the Marketplace business unit and own the roadmap, working cross-functionally with sales, biz ops, engineers, designers, and analysts to prioritize and execute.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- Significant product ownership and opportunities to build things that reach millions of people
- A diverse, high-functioning, rapidly growing team that is driven by our mission
- A fun, caring, get-stuff-done culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (remote work through at least mid 2021)
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lead strategy for a new product in the EBT online shopping space
- Work with business leads, design, and engineering to define core Marketplace strategy and roadmap
- Oversee customer research and prototyping to validate product/business bets
- Lead product development processes, including sprint planning, task scoping, and prioritization
- Scope, develop, and ship new ad features and improvements to Marketplace that help Fresh EBT users and our customers connect more effectively
What you have:
- Extensive product management experience in consumer software, working to improve products at scale
- Experience with early stage consumer product development: excellent at creating hypotheses from user research, building scrappy prototypes, and learning and iterating from preliminary data
- Analytical orientation: you are comfortable diving into product and business metrics to understand performance and gaps, and using these insights to continue refining and improving the product
- Familiarity with eCommerce, digital advertising retail, or shopping tools a plus
- Some experience managing or mentoring other PMs is a nice-to-have