About the role
As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead our log pipeline product, which empowers Enterprises to ingest, process, and route streaming data at any scale. This is a new product offering for Mezmo, so you will have the opportunity to define a whole new product experience, working with engineering, go-to-market, and leadership to chart new waters for Mezmo. You will be working alongside a growing group of product managers to redefine the enterprise experience for stream processing and help customers maximize the value of their data in motion.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical but understands the importance of making decisions quickly and driving progress above all. (Your least favorite building is a bikeshed.) You care more about finding the right answer than being right, take pride in building products that empower users to do their job better, and are a clear and effective communicator capable of bridging the gap between technical and non-technical audiences.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deeply understand Mezmo’s customers and use-cases, as well as industry trends around observability and log management.
- Help define and execute product roadmap and strategy through close collaboration with the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think short-term and long-term.
- Ensure alignment within the Product/Engineering/Design teams and across the wider company to ensure consistent execution of the roadmap, meeting customer and business needs regularly while staying within technical constraints.
- Engage closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Work closely with customer success to ensure existing customers are successful and that customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Track quantitative and qualitative product and feature performance, ensuring our solutions are solving the right problems.
What We’re Looking For:
- Successful track record shipping technically complex products that have created a positive impact for engineering teams.
- Deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- High level of comfort working with ambiguity and the ability to take complex situations and distill them down into actionable processes and next steps.
- You should have a deep understanding of software development and operations. You should be able to understand our competitors’ offerings and be able to differentiate our product offerings.
Mezmo is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
Mezmo has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at Mezmo
At Mezmo, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable Mezmo’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At Mezmo, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.