Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.
Have you ever designed something that is designed to perform for generations and has a physical address? Have you ever been the lead on a project worth $10 million or more? Have you married infrastructure that is decades old with something brand new? This is what Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) substation division project engineers are doing. Become and connect with leaders of design and construction for the power industry and seamlessly integrate yesterday with tomorrow. We contribute to the ever-expanding possibilities of renewables and large transmission substation projects. We develop the designs, processes, and techniques that keep our customers returning for more. Would you like your friends & family to be able go and see what YOU contributed to our next infrastructure project?
- Design, develop and coordinate multiple components and systems of high voltage substation projects. Coordinate same for external design contractors.
- Prepare and maintain Project Document Schedules and Master Document Lists.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of drawings and documents in support of orders. Ensure appropriate archiving of same after order completion.
- Provide expertise and support in multiple disciplines to other engineers.
- Assure resolution of all customer and supplier technical questions. Provide field problem troubleshooting and resolution of existing equipment.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product and to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confer with sales and projects groups, other engineering personnel, and MELCO locations to research and design modifications as required.
- Lead project teams to address design improvements and cost reduction efforts resulting in measurable improvements to the margin of projects.
- Lead product development projects for internally and externally created products using in-house and outside engineering resources.
- Prepare engineering time and manpower estimates for proposals and orders.
- Develop practices, standards and SOP’s for engineering and leadership in the engineering of project processes.
- Provide functional supervision to other engineers.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, plus 6-9 years’ experience in a project related environment.
- Advanced knowledge of substation applications, subsystems, field installation and testing.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MSOffice products, CAD and engineering analysis software.
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave