**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Senior Project Manager will provide project management support for security focused cross-company projects and programs, specifically our SOC 2 program. This person will keep everyone organized, accountable, tracking to their objectives, and heading towards project completion.
In this role, you will:
Under the mentorship of our Chief Product Officer, the Senior Project Manager will initially own and lead the multi-functional execution of SOC 2 projects, and then transition to multi-functional projects across the organization. Broad responsibilities will include:
- Develop detailed project plans, resource estimates and timelines to be shared with partners and sponsors
- Identify and secure required commitments from project sponsors and partners
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short-term and long-term goals
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of partners that ensure coordinated execution and clear channels of communication for the project
- Manage budgetary objectives and suggest adjustment in project constraints based on financial analysis
- Create and make presentations to management and partners to ensure alignment, reduce confusion and thrash, and ensure seamless execution to project goals
- Organize and manage documentation and other collaborative tools and workspaces to support project team execution
- 4-6 years’ experience in project management and/or equivalent operational support roles that involved extensive organization, coordination and leadership of multi-functional execution
- Experience with security, preferably SOC 2 Type 2, projects
- Proficient at documenting workflow, and engaging teams to improve business process and workflows
- Demonstrable understanding of how to partner with Finance to manage budgets within expectations
- Familiarity with project management software and how to leverage these for teamwork and time management across stakeholders. Jira experience a must, Jama Connect experience a plus.
Strengths You’ll Need
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to develop and execute data gathering and research and then compile data into meaningful insights and conclusions that can be shared with others
- Strong time management and task management skills
- Well-developed communication skills – both written and verbal, with a demonstrated ability to create clear presentation material that educates and influences
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Results-oriented and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.