About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. In 2022 Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 150+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Remote):
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior QA Automation Engineer with a strong background in cloud technology to join our quality assurance team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing automated test scripts to ensure the quality and reliability of our cloud-based applications and services. Your experience in Cloud platforms will contribute to the delivery of high-performance and resilient solutions. The Senior QA Automation Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify testing requirements, implement test strategies, and drive continuous improvement in our automated testing processes. Knowledge of Streaming technology is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the requirements and technical aspects of different frontend and backend services.
- Design and implement automated test scripts to validate end-to-end functionality, performance, stability and security of our cloud services. (Familiarity in AWS is an added advantage)
- Work together with software developers, product owners, and QA team members to understand software requirements and design effective test strategies.
- Identify, document, and report software defects and inconsistencies using issue tracking systems.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure testability and adherence to quality standards.
- Analyze test results and collaborate with the development team to isolate and debug issues.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the QA process by identifying opportunities for automation, efficiency, and best practices.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior QA engineers, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and skill development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 7+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer, with a strong focus on automated testing of web applications, APIs, and backend systems.
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies and services (e.g., virtualization, containerization, serverless computing).
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, and familiarity with their respective services.
- In-depth knowledge of test automation frameworks and tools (e.g.,Pytest, Selenium webdriver, Jest, TestNG etc.).
- Hands-on experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience writing, executing, and debugging GitHub Actions workflows.
- Strong understanding of software testing principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and database testing techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $141,000 – $196,000. Base compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.