At Guru, hiring is a team effort and it is essential to the company’s success. We are looking for an experienced and hardworking Senior Recruiter based in San Francisco to partner with as we scale our growing teams across all departments.
As the first member of our Talent Acquisition team in the Bay Area, you’ll work closely with the existing Talent Team, People Operations and Hiring Managers to strategize and support our hiring initiatives. Once acclimated, you will be expected to manage full desk recruiter responsibilities, primarily for technical positions. You will have the opportunity to shape our recruiting strategy, influence our employer branding, hiring processes and culture. You’ll succeed in this role if you have a passion for creating an amazing candidate experience, but also a love for perfecting internal processes.
This position is not only about how well you help us hire people we admire; it’s also about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition team and collaborate with partners to deeply understand their needs while making hiring recommendations, support events, and build a strategy to hire amazing people for Guru
- Close collaboration with Talent Acquisition team, Operations and across the company to ensure a phenomenal experience for all involved, especially candidates
- Focus on diverse, equitable, and inclusive hiring practices
- Collaborate with team members to create, recommend, and implement strategies to solve problems and build pipelines through sourcing, referrals, research, and events
- Source and identify passive and active candidates to build Guru’s teams through the use of unique tools and sourcing techniques
- Identify new ways to build awareness of Guru in our hiring markets
- Track pipeline data and provide relevant updates to partners on all roles/projects supported
- Maintain high attention to detail when entering data in the ATS and additional tools
- 5+ years of extensive recruiting experience, preferably in a high growth environment supporting technical hiring teams
- Previous startup experience and an unwavering ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Technology knowledge – we don’t expect you to be able to code, but need you to have proficiency in discussing different technical stacks
- Proven strategic sourcer and closer
- Familiarity with Greenhouse or equivalent ATS experience
- Able to confidently represent the company with professionalism and courtesy both internally and externally
- Passionate about Guru and can discuss the product and opportunity
- You know how to work on a small, but highly effective team, and have room to grow your own career as we grow
- Detail oriented, open minded and patient mindset
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that we prefer to be based out of our or San Francisco office or Remote. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.