About Wurl, Inc.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue. Our clients include Roku, SlingTV, Pluto, AMC+, Bloomberg, Vizio, LG, and many many more! We’re growing and looking for talented people who are passionate about working collaboratively with their peers to grow an incredible not-so-small tech, media, and entertainment company for the 21st century.
**Our employees love working with us because we have a great and positive work culture, incredible health and wellness benefits, competitive annual PTO, parental leave, opportunities for career growth, 401(k) match, and we are entirely remote! **
Senior Sales Account Executive, US – Remote
Wurl is looking for an experienced and strategic Senior Sales Account Executive for the US Performance Marketing business called “Perform” which is a part of the Advertising team. This candidate should be multi-skilled and knowledgeable in the media sales space, particularly with Entertainment, Content or Television advertising sales experience. Our ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor and team player.
This is an experienced mid-level role, requiring experience with the above, and the business acumen needed to navigate difficult client conversations and grow revenue. This role reports to the Head of the Performance Marketing Business in our Advertising Division.
The focus of your role is getting into high level conversations with SVODs, AVODs, and FAST channels and securing campaigns and partnership deals with these clients using our Performance Marketing technology. You will also work closely with a Director of Sales and a Customer Success Manager who will maintain relationships after deals are closed.
Ideally, you have worked in ConnectedTV (CTV) or are highly experienced in media sales and have a somewhat strong or very strong rolodex with key buyers and their agency partners in the Entertainment and Streaming TV/Movies ecosystem. You thrive in the creative, fast-paced, and autonomous culture that comes with a mid-stage start-up in its growth phase. This role is an incredible opportunity to generate a huge impact and be an industry leader in an exploding space — CTV!
Some occasional travel for pitches and deal-making will be required once COVID restrictions are fully lifted. As of now, all meetings are remote, for your safety and safety of all Wurl employees.
- Experience winning media sales deals, and growing, managing a team to success with aggressive quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Collaborative leadership skills, positive attitude, and passion for revenue growth
- Strong Communicator. You are the quarterback and the coach.
- Strong analytical capabilities and consultative sales skills, and a deep understanding of technology-enabled advertising
- Experience or understanding of how to foster strong relationships with Content Providers and Streamers
- Ability to interface across teams, intrapreneurial skills
- Ability to collaborate on the story for our go-to-market materials, interfacing with Marketing and Sales-Marketing.
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party demand partners to drive Wurl’s business and AdPool product goals.
- Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the business
- Set business goals and maintain monthly financial results and projection plan
- Organizational Structure and Hiring.
- Packaging inventory to focus on core audience requested in the media sales market
- Some travel, once COVID restrictions are lifted and travel is deemed safe.
- BA/BS; MBA preferred, not required
- 5-8+ years of work experience with at least 3-4+ years of boots-on-the-ground sales experience required, ideally in and around entertainment or media companies; at least 1-2 of those years should be specifically in Entertainment related media sales
- Some Agency-side experience is also a plus, but not required.
- A creative storyteller who can motivate customers through insight-driven communications
- Balance analytics with creativity, managing KPIs and speak knowledgeably on digital metrics as well as understand financial business objectives and translate those into action for teams.
- Some experience negotiating contracts
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and inspire others is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface directly with senior level Executives
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies, and supply partners
- Create, aggressively pitch, close new business and exceed sales targets by using a robust solution-based sales approach
- Represent the sales organization as a presence in the broader advertising market
- Drive results in a fast-paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Communicate vision and strategy effectively with potential and current customers/partners
Competitive Compensation and Comp Plan for the right candidate
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.