Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in a whole new way through engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard empowers businesses from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to transform their approach to marketing, sales, and corporate communications. Through its free and pro tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to deliver their message in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs.
Vidyard is looking for a senior-level Software Engineer to join our growing team and play a critical role as we continue to build and improve our platform. Do you care about the quality of features and code you create? Do you work collaboratively to take problems apart and make them solvable? Then we want to hear from you!
This is a remote position.
See Remote @ Vidyard for details
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers and product managers to solve customer problems and deliver amazing software
- Learn from technical leads and mentor intermediate and junior developers
- Contribute code to projects, review code, and have a large engineering wide impact doing things such as architecting core services, developing internal tools, maintaining repositories, and leading technology guilds,
- Spend your “Growth time” developing yourself as a software engineer and experimenting
- Learn and apply new technologies to relentlessly drive yourself, and our platform, forward
What you’ll get to work with:
- Version control – e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks – e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience architecting microservice infrastructures
- Distributed computing concerns such as message queues and pub/sub
- Operational concerns such as monitoring and logging
Our engineering team is composed of generalists who lean to either front-end or back-end development while maintaining a working knowledge of the full-stack.
Dev Culture Highlights
We love our team culture at Vidyard, and work hard to make sure it stays strong. The only way to really understand it is to experience it, but we’ve compiled a few highlights for you below.
The Slack game at Vidyard is strong. With over 1,100 channels (and counting), you’re sure to find a like-minded community no matter what you’re interested in.
Some of our favourite channels include:
- #adultyard — Adulting can be hard. What’s the best vacuum cleaner to buy? Is there a way to break my mortgage term early and pay lower fees? Is there anything I need to do to prepare my house before going away for a month? Find the answers you need here.
- #catyard / #dogyard — Love dogs or cats? Want to see a picture of everyone’s fur babies every week and show off your own? These channels are for you.
- #changeyard — A place to find and share cool volunteer opportunities and to impact change in your community with your peers!
- #myyard — A place to join or connect with our Diversity & Inclusion committee. The committee’s mission statement is “leveraging a diverse and inclusive workforce to achieve superior business results through varied thoughts and comprehensive decision making.”
- #dev — A channel (mostly) populated by our dev team, where the memes flow freely and little-to-no actual dev-related discussion occurs.
- #musicianyard — Looking to share your passion for music or get a second opinion on which guitar to purchase? This channel has it all. From hacks for producing your own music to viral video sharing, you’ll find people to share in the excitement here!
Most days at lunch, you’ll find at least one game happening in Discord. Current favourites among our devs include League, Minecraft, and Krunker.
Every two weeks, the dev team gets together over Zoom to show off what we’ve been working on and build hype among our peers (often in incredibly unique ways). It’s not out of the ordinary to see demos that include CGI, original song recordings with music videos, haikus, or reimagined children’s storybooks telling the tale of how a new feature came to be.
At least once a year, our engineering department splits into self-made teams and spends a week on a company hackathon. Some hackathons are innovative in nature, with many features from our hackathons having been incorporated into our product, and others are an opportunity for devs to dive into cool tech that they may not have had a chance to before.
Vidyard has successfully moved to a Remote First operating model. So, whether you are located close to our collaboration space in Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will be an integral part of the team.
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include unlimited vacation, RRSP match programs, ESOP and learning and development spending accounts.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration space & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.