Moz is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the Application Development team, responsible for developing customer facing applications.
The team represents Moz’s ability to deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers will be able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz’s core data offerings.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It’s our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You’ll Do
- You will build, maintain, and support the core frontend or backend services and applications for Moz Pro using technologies such as Node.js, React, etc.
- You will contribute to building a successful, tight-knit team that enables all members to contribute to the success of projects.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers and User Experience Designers to deliver and iterate on new features for customers.
- Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Experience We Want to See
- You will have extensive experience with building products from the ground up – including shipping and supporting that software for growth.
- You should understand and be familiar with monitoring, observability, or owning services in production.
- You enjoy mentoring individuals throughout their career growth.
- You’re comfortable working with SQL and relational databases.
- You’ve worked in and advocate for pragmatic, agile software development practices
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with SaaS products, especially mature products that have sustained growth over time
- Knowledge of search and SEO
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We’re big believers in vacations and provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.