What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Bigleaf, you will develop network software for Bigleaf SD-WAN products and services, as well as own mission-critical infrastructure for supporting those products. Your contributions will ensure stable and secure Internet connectivity for Bigleaf customers; from healthcare providers to toy stores, even your local grocery store.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help those businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
- Design, implement and deploy new software features for Bigleaf customers. Work with our Product Management team to refine the requirements and customer use cases for those features, as necessary. Lead these new projects, initiatives or features where necessary
- Benchmark and tune our network, software and hardware performance. Help define the future of Bigleaf platforms to deliver critical performance and reliability to our customers
- Identify and implement improvements to our internal processes and engineering workflows. Champion and model, good engineering process and discipline
- Maintain the Linux system software underneath Bigleaf devices
- Work across teams (Engineering, Support, Network Operations) to provide the best possible experience for our customers
- Mentor and advise junior engineers. Make your teammates better through code reviews, documentation and constructive feedback. Participate in our on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional software-development experience
- Significant experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, IPv6, BGP, etc.) + networking technologies (VPN’s, traffic engineering, etc.)
- Significant experience in system-level development in Linux (kernel development, package and distro management, routing tables, hardware management, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.