Groove is a sales productivity platform that enables revenue leaders to increase dollars per rep across every division of the enterprise. More than 70,000 users at customers including Google, Uber, and Capital One leverage Groove to be more efficient and effective. Learn more: https://groove.co.
We value unconventional candidates and people who are looking for stretch roles; therefore, we encourage people to apply even if their experience does not meet every single qualification.
About the Role
We serve some of the most historically underserved users, many of whom have been stuck using unintuitive and clunky software for their whole careers. It’s not uncommon that users spend 4-6 hours+ a day using and interacting with Groove. Our goal is to elevate the user and the work they can do.
We’re looking for awesome, well rounded engineers who want to take on big tasks, collaborate closely with others, grow a lot, and help shape the future of the company. You will have a direct influence on product and technology solutions and help define our culture as we change how companies and teams sell.
Our engineering organization is split into product based squads. You’ll be joining one of these squads and working most closely with each engineer and product manager within the squad.
- You value writing tests, pairing, and making an impact on end users
- You enjoy white-boarding data models and workflows with others
- You’ve built and supported things that operate in production and at scale
- You seek the best solution given real life constraints – not the best academic answer.
- You communicate well
- You take initiative and ownership by identifying issues and fixing them or communicating them with the team without being asked
- You’re inquisitively curious
- You’re passionate about building technology to help the workflows of a historically neglected user-base
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a personal track record of life-long learning
Requirements – Technology Skills:
- Excellent OR mapping and RDBMS engineering skills on MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, and/or Oracle to include high proficiency with SQL, DDL, stored procedures, and schema design
- Fluency in web services / API standards, technologies and tools (e.g. XML, SOAP/REST, GraphQL, etc.), experienced in architecting enterprise-class web services and API
- Must possess theoretical and proven practical mastery of programming and design patterns, beyond the normal MVC etc.
- Familiar with Salesforce platform / APEX development
- Familiar with Chrome Extension development
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with heavy use of Ruby on Rails, Java/J2EE, Python, or C#/.Net or equivalent web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional performance engineering experience with large scale application performance tuning and benchmarking of millions of daily transactions and terabyte databases
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- 2+ years of professional web application development experience that required heavy use of related commercial or open source web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional RDBMS development experience that leveraged complex SQL, DML, DDL, and well-designed schemas. Directly PostgreSQL experience is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL data management and analysis technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Redis, MemcacheD, Redshift, etc. is a plus
- Salesforce Development experience (Apex, LWC, Visualforce, SOQL) is a plus
- Chrome Extensions Development experience is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO for US employees
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, employee premiums covered at 99%!
- Company-paid life insurance
- 100% remote workforce
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- 12 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
- Company-wide and team-building retreats & virtual events
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
*Benefits and perks may vary per country*
Our Culture and Core Values
At Groove we have three simple values: Team over Self, Care More and Enjoy the Journey and we take them seriously. Our teams are on a journey of building and growing a leading-edge company that drives huge value for our users. Our environment allows for self-motivated people to wear multiple hats, build processes from scratch, think outside the box and work with a diverse team based around the world. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.