Who we are:
We’re a team of passionate, diverse individuals on a mission to solve the widespread traffic and environmental challenges impacted by the rise of delivery and ride-hailing activity.
Our first-of-its-kind computer vision technology powers fully automated parking areas, some of which are used to support the nation’s very first zero-emissions delivery zones. From improving street safety to reducing carbon emissions in urban neighborhoods, our solutions are designed to make communities more livable for everyone.
We’re a GovTech Top 100 company, a Fast Company’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Innovators in Sustainability, and among the first organizations to receive a U.S. Department of Energy grant for the deployment of curb management solutions to incentivize vehicle electrification. We’re seeking peers from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures to help us continue this impact, and we encourage you to bring your unique and valuable perspective to our team.
Our team is small but growing fast. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to learn, detail-oriented, adaptable, and customer-focused to help lead the design and implementation of our back-end systems.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success Teams utilizing your technical proficiency and customer-focused mindset to help build the next generation of mobility infrastructure. Given the small size of the team and the fluid nature of startups, you’ll also play a key role in our customer and product development.
–This position is a remote role with options for hybrid working if candidate is based in the Los Angeles, CA area.
–Salary range for this role is $160,000-$180,000 with additional options for benefits and equity.
–Candidate must be located in the US. Automotus is willing to sponsor Visas.
In this role, you will:
- Build back-end services to process and act on IoT data coming in from the edge
- Design and implement APIs to improve our customers’ experience and enable a more robust partner ecosystem
- Function as a leader within the engineering organization; help to establish and maintain processes that will ensure that our team continues to execute effectively as we grow; mentor more junior engineers
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- At least four years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing scalable back-end systems
- Experience working with relational databases (Postgres preferred)
- Sound judgment when balancing fast delivery with producing high-quality, maintainable code
- The ability to operate and execute independently without significant oversight
Some additional skills and experience that would really help you stand out:
- Experience working on a production-grade IoT project
- Experience working with Golang and/or Typescript
- Experience working with tools from the AWS ecosystem
- Experience working with geospatial and time-series data
- Experience working with data warehousing systems (e.g. Snowflake)
What we offer:
We value work-life harmony and believe that our people deserve the best. We offer:
–Equitable, competitive salaries
–Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
–Unlimited, self-directed vacation with a mandatory 10-day minimum
–Five months paid parental leave, as well as additional family benefits to support our teammates and their families
–Work remote (as long as within the US), we have options for hybrid working for those based in LA
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value learning from mistakes, an openness to all ideas, and an honest and empathetic approach to our teammates and customers.