This is a remote position.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Infrastructure engineers are our authorities on implementing DevOps methodologies, building tools and services to allow application teams and others to self-service, and driving cross-team communications to ensure we ship stable and performant services. We’re looking for a driven and organized Infrastructure Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people.
Our ideal Infrastructure Engineer wants their work to make a difference and cares deeply about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the interactions people have with federal, state, and local governments.
We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here
- Masters Degree or Higher and a minimum of 5 years advanced level IT experience, including experience in emerging technologies or professional level IT certifications
- The following routes are available to substitute for the Masters Degree or Higher and minimum of 5 years advanced level IT experience.
- PhD and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
- High School Diploma, GED, or No Degree with a minimum of 11 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
What You’ll Do
- Lead and/or direct the efforts of specialists on project(s) across components and/or technical areas
- Direct the business process reengineering and/or business/user requirements efforts for major projects
- Oversee business/user requirements efforts as part of a full systems development lifecycle and provide critical recommendations and solutions for complex problem
- Identify and address barriers and risks to successful project completion
- Perform cross-functional strategic systems planning, business information systems planning, and business area analysis
- Provide insight into selecting the enterprise applications that set the direction and establish an approach for the best technical solution
- Provide expertise on emerging and existing technologies and industry trends that will affect enterprise solution sets, including technical platforms and design architectures
- Lead design reviews, validate enterprise approaches, define application systems that support redesigned or improved business processes, and recommend technical architectures that lead to comprehensive business solutions
- Prepare and analyze strategic plans
- Assess policy needs and provide guidance in policy development
- Analyze and define current and future business environments
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
To learn more about engineering at Ad Hoc.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience utilizing DevOps tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- 5+ years of experience building optimized docker containers
- 3+ year of experience programming in a high level language, such as Ruby or Python
- 1+ year of experience writing Groovy pipeline scripts for Jenkins
- Experience collaborating with other teams, adopting their goals as your own
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- A desire to expand your skills and gain experience with new tooling as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.