TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
The IKEA team delivers solutions that enable customers to seamlessly book IKEA Furniture Assembly through TaskRabbit, from IKEA.com as well as in-store. You will get to work on close integration with IKEA and build services that enable seamless booking of tasks. Some of the fun things we are working on is integrating with IKEA catalogs, IKEA systems, auto fulfillment with taskers who are specialized in furniture assembly or other services. This is a key strategic pillar for TaskRabbit and you will be part of the team that is in the spotlight.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the IKEA Team, you will contribute to the development of APIs and full stack features on our platform to integrate with our partners. and, enhancing our applications on the latest cloud technologies within a DevOps culture. You will have the opportunity to utilize modern technologies on the cloud to provide world-class solutions that enable our partners to integrate with our platform.
You will be an integral part of the team to build out TaskRabbit’s next set of innovative features. The team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and other TaskRabbit engineering teams to develop rich, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers.. You will participate in staging and production deployments. This role will position you to become a technical lead and a senior technical member of the TaskRabbit platform, in alignment with other TaskRabbit engineering teams.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Partnering with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points to drive innovative solutions
- Evolution of the technical roadmap and the monolith codebase into services
- Invest in the broader organization knowledge of services and containerization
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Build deploy automation leveraging CI/CD processes, automated testing, unit testing, code coverage and other software development best practices
- Collaborate effectively within our cross-functional teams
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new code.
- Building interactive and intuitive UIs in React that connect our users to our platform
- Develop and enhance Ruby and Node.JS backend applications
- Apply Clean Code techniques and mentor your teammates through in-depth code reviews
- Recognize and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Contributing to the growth and success of other members of the team through code review, documentation, and mentoring
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies
- Willingness to work across the entire tech stack in a cross functional team to build end-to-end features.
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Experience building API-driven applications
- Knowledge of CI/CD tooling improving code to pipeline, preferably, CircleCI
- Experience with feature flagged development
- Comfortable with test frameworks
- A strong advocate of clean code
You might be a fit if you have:
- Experience with Nest.js
- Experience with modeling mappings and leveraging ElasticSearch
- Any GraphQL or Federated API layer experience
- Personally have implemented more automated QA and/or CI/CD tooling
- Expertise with Optimizely
- Shopped at IKEA
Some cool things the team has done this year:
- Launched internationally in Italy
- Launched integrations with partners across several metros worldwide
- Implementing the next generation of APIs to integrate with Partners
- Implemented cool features that enhance the customer journey with significant conversion results
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.