**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
Jama Software provides the top tier platform for requirements, risk, and test management. Our product development team builds highly usable software solutions with the scalability to serve our rapidly growing business. Jama is a fast-paced environment, where we embrace change and open teamwork.
In this role, you will:
- Work on a specialized team that is focused on meeting Jama’s objectives that allow our enterprise customers to scale with our product and platform
- Partner with the larger Engineering Team to own validation initiatives and projects that focus on performance and scale initiatives
- Provide regular feedback to engineering teams and leadership using industry best practices, test tools, and performance monitoring tools
- Leverage test and performance profiling tools that can provide meaningful analytics that can be used to optimize Jama’s product and platform
- Work with the Performance and Scale Team to develop regression plans for each release cycle that will ensure performance and scale is considered and acceptable
- Execute tests across all supported browsers, databases and operating systems
- Partner with Performance and Scale Team to understand requirements and user behaviors that effect performance and scale of our products and platform
- Contribute to our on-going automation efforts that will optimize profiling and analytics of the product and platform
- 4+ years working experience optimizing scale and performance for multi-tenant cloud applications preferably AWS.
- 4+ years experience optimizing scale and performance for enterprise level on-prem applications
- Experience optimizing and performance tuning of monolithic applications.
- Primarily backend expertise: Java, Spring, Hibernate, RDBMS
- Proficiency with Docker
- Working experience with CI/CD (Team City, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git)
- Familiarity with creating and maintaining load test scripts
- Ability to be apart of a scrum team within an agile process
- Bonus: Experience with Elasticsearch and Monolithic applications
- Bonus: Experience with Scala and Python
- Ability to nurture and maintain encouraging relationships within the team
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with a diverse employee base across remote and local environments
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.