Traditional health care is broken. Galileo is here to fix it. We’re a rapidly growing health startup that combines intuitive design and clinical expertise to deliver affordable, quality care for all.
Galileans, as we like to call ourselves, are dedicated to flipping the traditional health care model into a modern solution for today—and beyond. Our empathetic, mission-driven culture puts our patients first, celebrates creative problem solving, and moves quickly to build great products. Our teams work collaboratively, so there’s plenty of day-to-day interaction. We believe in a hybrid, flexible working environment and have team members across the U.S. and the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Platform to join our product engineering team. In this role you will uplevel our internal apps that enable our clinicians to bring high-quality primary care to our growing patient populations while improving monitoring and alerting within the systems to allow the team to streamline development cycles.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Continually upgrade our ability to monitor, trace, and debug our code execution
- Safely accelerate our pace of development, while implementing tooling to keep our services online
- Partner with and empower the engineering team through building and introducing new tools and repeatable patterns that allow for secure scalability
- Design, architect, and implement well-tested and maintainable backend systems, API interfaces
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other engineers to to build awareness of projects across teams
You are an experienced, self-sufficient Software Engineer with an eye for streamlining development processes through constant upleveling of developer tooling along with monitoring and alerting systems.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Passion for helping other engineers gain more visibility into their code and finding ways to speed up code delivery in a safe and reliable manner.
- Experience implementing monitoring tools up and down the stack, from the cloud infrastructure level (AWS) to the application level (Docker).
- Ability to create executable plans on behalf of a team from high level objectives
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate across the organization
- A desire to learn, grow, and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with high levels of ownership and autonomy
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience breaking down projects and creating workflows
- Experience with logging tooling (Sumo Logic / ElasticSearch / Kibana / Splunk) and monitoring tooling (DataDog /CloudWatch / SignalFX / Grafana)
- Experience scaling in a startup environment
- Experience with
- Python Flask API application with MySQL database
- React Typescript single page app
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Lambdas, State Machines, EC2
- Kotlin Android app
- Swift iOS app
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.