GitHub is seeking a software engineer to join its Developer Confidence team. Our team has a passion for providing tooling, establish paved paths, and create best practices around our internal CI, artifact management, and development environments.
We are continuing to grow and evolve our team and processes to enable developers to do their best work at GitHub. Each day we challenge ourselves to become better developers, better teammates, and build a better experience for our developers. We ship to learn, we make sure everyone has a voice on our team, and empower each other to innovate and collaborate.
Our team spans across the US and Japan while our parent organization known as Development Lifecycle is distributed across US, Japan, and Europe. We recognize the value of diversity for our team and our services we provide. Creating (and maintaining) an environment where every individual feels safe to bring their unique perspective to the challenges we’re solving is important to us.
- Design, build, and support scalable tooling that enables our internal developers at GitHub.
- Write, review, and maintain code written primarily in Ruby but also be willing to work in other languages when needed.
- Collaborate and provide support to other developers and teams across the organization to understand their challenges and needs.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and respond to incidents as necessary
- Own and advocate for the health and quality of our services.
- Professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience developing distributed cloud architectures and infrastructure.
- Experience designing, building, and operating highly available and reliable systems.
- Experience in Azure architectures and best practices
- Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.