About SureSwift Capital
You made it. You found the dream job you’re looking for where people and culture come first. If that’s as important to you as it is to us then please keep reading.
SureSwift places a high emphasis on a positive work-life balance. Work from anywhere, in the schedule that best suits you. We only require you to be online in meetings hours, which are just a few per week.
We value creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are committed to building a culture where everyone thrives! SureSwift Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking to fill this role in our Canadian market.
About Back In Stock
Back in Stock an e-commerce plugin/app for online stores built with the ecommerce platform Shopify. This app prevents businesses from losing sales when their inventory runs out. The Back in Stock app enables businesses to get their customers to sign up to receive automatic “back in stock” email and SMS alerts when products that were previously out of stock are restocked.
Back in Stock is a monolithic Ruby on Rails application that follows the principles of Rails: simplicity, convention over configuration, RESTful design. It delivers millions of notifications daily through Sidekiq.
You will work closely with other talented and experienced developers in an environment that prioritizes learning and pragmatism. You’ll also be working with the product manager, customer happiness, marketing, and UX design teams.
Once you get settled in, your day to day activities will look something like this:
- Plan and implement high quality code in an agile environment
- Develop new features
- Identify bugs and bottlenecks, propose and implement solutions
- Assist customer support teams with escalated tickets
- Contribute ideas to improve the product
- 8+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in English language, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of SQL, particularly PostgreSQL
- Familiar with Sidekiq
- Strong sense of ownership
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working with high-volume systems is desirable, as our app delivers millions of notifications monthly.
The annual pay range for this role is expected to be up to $120,000 CAD. Actual base pay could vary based on factors including but not limited to experience, subject matter expertise, geographic location where work will be performed and the applicant’s skill set.
Background checks will be conducted on final candidates.
Thanks for the time you took to read about this opportunity.
*If selected for the interview phase, candidates will be asked to show code that they have developed and describe it. If they do not have any available to show, the interviewer will show a code example and ask the candidate about what could be improved.*