Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people
How You’ll Contribute:
As Site Reliability Engineer at WellSaid Labs, you’ll be working on large-scale projects that improve the availability and performance of our core services and data pipelines.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Revamp our monitoring infrastructure to make it reliable, consistent, and customer-centric
- Drive preventative efforts to ensure system reliability
- Lead our response and recovery efforts from active incidents which include performing root cause analysis
- Configure our services for high availability with redundancy, backups, and tooling
- Improve our deployment process with a focus on making all code changes fast, simple, and safe
- Collaborate on code reviews, infrastructure improvements, and larger engineering efforts across product offerings
- Identify novel ways to handle load and scale resource-intensive applications
- Help our engineers write reliable code while retaining our ability to ship fast
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have a strong understanding of computer science concepts including algorithms, data structures, and systems design. You have experience with cloud environments and container technology, including AWS or GCP, Kubernetes, and Docker. You ideally also have some combination of the following:
- 3+ years with a modern programming language (Golang, Typescript, Python, etc…)
- The ability to debug and solve issues in a production environment
- An understanding of how to profile applications and databases, to identify and debug performance issues
- Fluency working in a UNIX shell to analyze logs, investigate issues handle other common operational tasks
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- Responsible for security reviews, managing internal best practices and documenting security policies; security, general systems and WSL infrastructure.
- Manage relationships with external SOC2 compliance partners
To join our team you must also:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An introductory interview with the hiring manager (50 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- A technical screen, either as a live interview via Karat or as a take-home assessment
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel comfortable and set up for success in our process.