WellSaid Labs is looking to hire our first reliability-focused engineer! You’ll work directly with the core engineering team to get us to the next level of scalability, reliability, and productivity.
Millions of voice recordings are generated by WellSaid Labs every month. Our core infrastructure makes this possible and it includes many components including APIs, machine learning models, data pipelines, frontend serving systems. You’ll be responsible for implementing best practices so that we can keep these systems running as they are critical to delivering a delightful customer experience.
What you’ll do:
In your day-to-day, you’ll be working on large-scale projects that improve the availability and performance of our core services and data pipelines. In addition, your work will include:
– Revamping our monitoring infrastructure to make it reliable, consistent, and customer-centric
– Driving preventative efforts to ensure system reliability
– Leading our response and recovery efforts from active incidents which include performing root cause analysis
– Configuring our services for high availability with redundancy, backups, and tooling
– Improving our deployment process with a focus on making all code changes fast, simple, and safe
– Collaborate on code reviews, infrastructure improvements, and larger engineering efforts across product offerings
– Identify novel ways to handle load and scale resource-intensive applications
– Help our engineers write reliable code while retaining our ability to ship fast
– Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
Your perks and benefits:
- $170,000 to $190,000 salary range
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules (Our 11 person team has 9 parents who support 4 babies and 6 doggos!)
- Remote-first company culture (We have employees in New York, Missouri, Texas, and Washington State!)
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
What you’ll have:
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts including algorithms, data structures, and systems design
- Experience with cloud environments and container technology, including AWS or GCP, Kubernetes, and Docker
- 3+ years with a modern programming language (Golang, Typescript, Python, etc…)
- The ability to debug and solve issues in a production environment
- An understanding of how to profile applications and databases, to identify and debug performance issues
- Fluency working in a UNIX shell to analyze logs, investigate issues handle other common operational tasks
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
What to expect from us:
Please apply and if the skills and values listed in this posting sound like you, Michael will reach out for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, you’ll be invited to a technical Karat interview. We use Karat to evaluate software engineering fundamentals and to make the hiring process equitable. Lastly, we’ll ask you to do a final round of interviews with the team.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Email email@example.com to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team!
Who we are:
Our startup spun out from Paul Allen’s Institute for AI (AI2) in 2018, where we developed a state-of-the-art deep learning model that can read text in a completely human-like voice.
We firmly believe in AI for good. Creatives around the globe use Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
We have secured tens of millions of dollars in funding from top-tier VCs, and are looking to expand our team.
Our work has been featured in TechCrunch (1, 2, 3), GeekWire (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), CNN, MIT Technology Review, Venture Beat and we are one of three Seattle companies to make CB Insights’ list of the top 100 world’s most promising AI startups.
What we value:
AI for good. Technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people. Through consent and transparency in data usage, we build secure systems that protect user privacy. We strive to hold ourselves accountable for the algorithms we deploy, and we uphold the principles of the Hippocratic Oath.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.