Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously redefined the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers — like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® — our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, dedicated and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Senior Engineer to join the team to work on a new unannounced mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and consistent record for building and launching great games.
As a Senior Engineer you will architect, refactor, optimize and maintain a variety of game, tool and low-level systems specifically for Mobile platforms including pipelines, tools, memory management, performance, build process and more. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with a global team.
Your goals and responsibilities include ensuring our game ecosystem play well on Mobile platforms, some of which will be adapted from other platforms and some which will be architected and implemented from scratch by you with guidance from the Technical Director. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
You will report to a Technical Director who you will work with to ensure implementation aligns with strategy and priorities.
- Design, implement, debug, optimize and refine game and engine systems, features, pipelines, tools and infrastructure as needed
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge vital to excel this role and maintain a process of technological evolution with a Mobile platform focus
- Connect with other departments within the team and Activision global community to improve existing tools and discover new solutions
- 3+ years programming experience
- Contributed to the development of one or more game projects, PC, Console or Mobile
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures & performance
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on multi-platform projects
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Excellent communications skills
- Some familiarity with current Mobile rendering APIs and architecture
- C# and/or Python knowledge
- Knowledge of computer game technologies including AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection, network programming
- Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
- Experience of working in cross- or remote-studio environment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only improved by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.