Cribl Inc is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We’re backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
In this position you will:
- Design, develop and extend our test automation suite
- Work closely with development teams to shake out bugs early in the development process
- Drive bug prioritization and develop a deep understanding of our product and help build out thorough test plans
- Monitor and build tools to track performance of our backend systems and test their load capacity
- Ability to understand Customer Use cases and ensure product quality in a large complex environment
- Documents systems-level defects, using Jira tracking system, and reports defects to developers. Analyze and pinpoint the issue, and support resolving the issue.
- 7+ years total software engineering experience, particularly in JS/TS/NodeJS. Hands on experience with Docker is a must. Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- 4+ years working in systems, test, or QA engineering
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Comfortable with Linux,Jenkins,Docker,K8S, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Solid understanding of software design and testing methodologies
- Understanding of data intensive applications and/or data streams processing
- Cares about details and is dedicated to elegant and high quality software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external stakeholders with ease and in remote/distributed environments
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.