We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Operations Training department look like?
As the Service Enablement Specialist you will play a key role in the performance of our Operations team through the documentation of our processes in a clear, understandable manner. As well as working with managers and leads to streamline and simplify those processes. It is vital to our Benchmates that they can efficiently and effectively access easy to understand self-serve training materials, resources, and process documents when it’s relevant to the task they are completing – and that’s where you come in!
This is a brand new role at Bench, and with that comes ambiguity. The right candidate for this role will thrive in an ambiguous environment, where the problem we need to solve is clear, but the path to solving it is yours to shape.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Accountable for our self-serve resources and learning materials being simple, clear, easy to understand, and easy to access.
- Ownership of the Operations Confluence Space, our internal knowledge base. You will ensure content is up to date and organized in a way that is efficient for users to find what they need.
- Create guidelines, templates, etc. for how self-serve resources and materials should be created and rolled out. Including the medium for delivery (i.e written article or how-to guide, video, slide deck, etc.)
- Advise on the delivery and roll out of new processes, or process changes, in order to create training and permanent written resources . Including supporting and educating stakeholders on how to do this, and what guidelines to follow.
- Audit current resources and materials and make recommendations for improvements, as well as creating a method to ensure resources remain current.
- Work to continuously improve this overall system by creating feedback loops to assess quality of resources.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: You’ll be collaborating with many different departments and stakeholders, building relationships with those teams and individuals will be vital. Listening to understand, will be just as important as your exceptional spoken and written communication skills.
- Technical Writing Experience: You have an ability to take complex concepts and communicate or advise on how to communicate them in a way that is engaging and and understood by users.
- Resiliency & Responsibility: You have the ability to stay highly motivated and proactive, when working in an evolving and ambiguous environment. You have demonstrated this by always striving to achieve results as benchmarks change, and pivoting quickly when it’s not working. You have spoken up with possible solutions when you believe actions are being taken that are not in line with the mission your team or organization is working toward.
- Project Management Experience: You’re a self starter – you take initiative to get things done. You are able to collaborate effectively to accomplish a task, project, or goal
- Organizational Skills: You’re genuinely excited about developing solutions that are simple for the team, that scale, and that will endure. Your time management and attention to detail skills also optimize for efficiency.
- Research Skills: You can gather information to deeply understand the current state in order to make recommendations on how to improve. You consistently seek feedback to ensure these recommendations are achieving the agreed objectives and overall vision.
- Strategic Thinker: You seek out the information you need to make informed decisions. You think about the system and not just individual problems or solutions.
- A Passion for Learning & Development: You are enthusiastic about learning & development. You love learning. You are a continuous learner and motivate this in others.
Extra bonus points if you:
- Have experience or familiarity with Confluence.
- Have experience using video editing softwares.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $60,400 to $75,000. Stock options will also be a part of the total compensation package.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.