This is a hands-on data science leadership role. You will own and drive important areas of the business and Brightline will rely on your deep experience and input on how to use data in the most impactful way. In addition to having a huge impact from your hands-on development work, you will serve in a tech lead capacity for critical data projects.
- Building and owning analytics databases and dashboards using technologies including (postgreSQL, Mode analytics, R, Jupyter/python, dbt, dask, etc)
- Building scalable analytics for external customers.
- Data analysis of member health metrics
- Growth analytics including funnel optimization
- Data analysis of clinical operations and efficiency
- Lots of new interesting things as we grow including machine learning and personalization.
Skills and behaviors we value:
- Great communication and empathy: being able to quickly agree on the most important work areas and stay in sync with engineers, PMs and others in the company is what enbles Brightline to move quickly. We have a very friendly, high-empathy team where multiple perspectives are valued and we want to keep that great culture going.
- Freedom and responsibility: this role will have a lot of freedom and influence in the work that we do. You will also have the chance to own important areas of the business.
- Desire to learn and improve: in an early-stage company there will be lots of exciting changes that will require you to learn new things and grow. If that is exciting to you then you will fit right in.
- Great analytics and insights: you have the ability to discover new insights from data and put them into scalable operation through metrics and dashboards. This includes internal dashboards for making decisions and external reports for partners and customers. Experience with reporting for health-care stakeholders is a big plus.
- Ability to collaborate and deploy work: these skills often fall into the engineering and devops areas and include git habits, code reviews, containers, database administration, shell scripting and other skills that give you the ability to build and deploy simple things independently. We also have a world-class engineering team to pair with us and help get the work done (and also help us uplevel our skills).
- SQL and Python/R: being able to do advanced/readable SQL queries is important. We will also use Python and R for both ad hoc analysis and automated insights and pipelines. This includes writing scripts to do ETL, statistical analysis and visualization.
- Statistical/machine learning fundamentals: your background in stats should enable you to avoid common pitfalls and biases and be able to make inferences and decisions in the presence of noise and uncertainty. You have experience with ML/statistical modeling and have learned important lessons about when to use machine learning vs other approaches.
- You likely have 5+ years of professional experience building data systems and doing analytics. If you do not have 5 years of work experience but you have some unusual background that you think prepares you for this role we definitely would love to talk to you and learn more.
- Experience in consumer-focused health tech is very valuable.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area and our Data Science leadership is based in the Atlanta metro area. This role is eligible to permanently work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.