About Wurl, Inc.
Wurl, the world leader in powering streaming TV, interconnects over 1200 streaming channels from the world’s top content companies with the leading streaming distribution services in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network platform helps leading studios such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters and Sony, deliver programming to the biggest streaming platforms, including Amazon IMDb TV, LG, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Rakuten, Twitch, and VIZIO, while maximizing monetization. Reaching over 300 million connected TVs around the globe, Wurl makes it effortless for content companies to build and track global distribution for branded linear channels, live events, and on-demand programming to manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Remote):
This is a wonderful opportunity to define the technical vision and solutions from the ground up. The role is highly cross functional in nature and requires working with Product, Solution Architects and various other functions across the organization.
What you will do:
- Drive highly impactful initiatives around media processing, media streaming, encryption, content delivery, ad insertion and digital rights management (DRM)
- Design, implement and deliver innovative features that scale with Wurl’s media network.
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party software to enhance Wurl’s product portfolio
- Build highly secured and reliable software that runs 24×7 that is cloud native
- Collaborate with project managers, product managers, solutions architects, other engineering teams and support for productization of new software services and features
- Champion innovation, take ownership and lead cross functional collaboration as projects demand.
- Lead, mentor and coach junior engineers
- 10+ years of complete software lifecycle experience.
- Demonstrable fluency with modern programming languages like Golang, NodeJS, Java/C++ and not being afraid to learn a new one on the job.
- Experience designing and securing micro services and REST API
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS/Google cloud services is preferred
- Comfortable working in agile environments
- Evangelize good software development practices and lead from the front
- Prior experience delivering pipelines involving any of the following is a huge plus.
- Media processing/preparation/delivery
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- CDN, Large scale ad-servers
- HLS, DASH Streaming services
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.