This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on February 28, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You’ll Do
- Ensuring effective engineering delivery on their program or team.
- Contributing to and delivering performance reviews with direct reports.
- Developing and presenting monthly reports based on program reporting requirements.
- Shaping the technical direction of their program.
- Managing the technical relationship with the client, and influencing their technical decision-making.
- Demonstrating a deep awareness of how changes they make interact with all components in a broader system. This includes technologies for frontend, backend, infrastructure, usability, and design, as well as varying development, testing, and release methodologies within an organization.
- Planning and executing on roadmaps for new projects without explicit guidance and direction from technical supervisors.
- Actively driving conversations and planning sessions with partners and key stakeholders, and representing the engineering practice while advocating for the best technical solutions and communicating tradeoffs. Ultimately providing significant positive impact to a program’s roadmap.
- Influencing the customer toward successful outcomes by establishing trust through reliable and successful execution and demonstrated competency.
- Providing vision for other engineers within their area of influence, and advocating for that vision while taking into account client requirements.
- Prioritizing high-impact work and delivering on that work over non-critical tasks.
- Periodically traveling to the client site to work with and present to partners and stakeholders as necessary.
- Elaborating and evolving on complex and ambiguous products to uncover new constraints and opportunities.
- Assigning tasks to and monitor the progress of task completion for team members.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to team members through practice, code review, presentations, and architecture. This may include, but isn’t limited to game day design and execution.
- Providing general career development advice to team members, and staying up to date on career options and new opportunities within the company that may be beneficial for the growth of those engineers.
- Reducing ambiguity in the systems they work with, including additional documentation, refactoring, and testing.
- Effectively communicate on existing systems, design decisions, past performance, and a major history of the projects that they’ve been part of for bid-writing, tech demos, and other potentially client-facing communications.
- Informing program leadership of the health of your team and contributing to evaluation of team members, written or otherwise
- Actively contributing code and performing code review on your applications as an engineer.
- Participating in technical depth interviews with new candidates
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings and performance reviews with direct reports; providing general career development advice to team members based on their knowledge of company policy and process
- Creating opportunities for improving not just their immediate area, but similar areas in other programs across the company.
- Ensure that all systems operate smoothly and, in coordination with QA Manager, align with ISO and CMMI quality standards.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.