HubSpot is a rapidly growing publicly traded Software as a Services (SaaS) company that has organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO to projected revenue of more than $2.1 billion in 2023 and more than 184,000 customers in over 120 countries. With top-line growth, international expansion, and increased customer count that will happen for years to come, we are looking to fill our newly created Senior Tax Analyst, Global Tax Research and Planning role to help HubSpot analyze the ever changing tax landscape and set ourselves up for success as we enter new markets and continue to expand our product offering.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and growing tax team that manages the ever-changing regulations with the cutting-edge digital economy? This new Senior Tax Analyst role will report into the Senior Manager, Global Tax Research and Planning and is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced tax department.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with the global tax team and the wider finance team to identify tax issues, risks and planning opportunities, provide tax support to the business and finance teams in, and assist in implementing tax planning projects
- Monitor, analyze, and document global policy developments and changes in tax legislation (e.g., Pillar 1, Pillar 2 and US Tax Law changes) affecting HubSpot
- Lead various studies (e.g., Global R&D credit studies), either in-house or via managing third party service providers.
- Support various tax matters relating to HubSpot’s global operating structure including transfer pricing documentation, reviews of activities & operations to ensure transfer pricing is intune with the business, withholding tax obligations, and tax controls.
- Drive efficiency and process improvements in R&D studies and transfer pricing.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional groups to support business expansion and operations.
- Conduct in-depth research and prepare technical and non-technical memoranda (or other deliverables (e.g., matrices)) for direct and indirect tax issues.
- Work with accounting firms, outside legal counsel, and other consultants, as needed
- Support ASC 740 processes, SEC reporting, and tax aspects of M&A projects.
- Support global direct and indirect tax audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- Advanced degree (e.g., Master’s degree in Taxation or JD) and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience in public accounting and/or a U.S. multinational company
- Experience in US International Tax and Transfer Pricing preferred.
- Proficient with computer skills, including the use of MS Office (mainly Excel), Google suite of products (e.g., Google Sheets and Google Slide), and leveraging email, instant messaging (e.g. Slack), and remote collaboration technology (e.g. Zoom).
- Hands-on, independent, able to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research issues, document conclusions, and communicate findings in a way that non-tax professionals can easily understand
- Ability to work well with others as part of cross-functional teams and locations
Cash compensation range: 83200-124800 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.