Senior Technical Program Manager, Partnerships
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Weedmaps, you will use your exceptional technical knowledge and project management skills to drive progress within your team’s domain while aligning key stakeholders, keeping projects on-track, maintaining team health and mood, and informing stakeholders.
You will serve as a critical gateway to manage partner communication related to integrations with other industry software vendors as well as within the WM organization umbrella. These integrations enhance our partnership with existing Weedmaps clients and help drive the adoption of new clients. In this pivotal role, you will work with multiple teams to coordinate integration initiatives with all of our key partners. You will lead partners to adopt new API’s, work with partners to embed new technologies into their products, and be an advocate for these partners within Weedmaps. You will help to create and communicate timelines, evaluate incoming integration request viability, manage partner expectations, and communicate status updates to our partners. Candidates must have a good understanding of APIs, and be an analytical problem solver who understands complex integrations. The candidate must be a dynamic leader capable of working within a complex cross-functional environment.
Drawing on your project management and team leadership expertise, you will collaborate with teams across the organization such as Engineering, Product, and Design departments to build and execute strategies and plans centered around different integrations.
The impact you’ll make:
- You will be the primary point of contact for External Partners during the implementation of an integration
- Coordinate all partner aspects of integrations, drive successful product alpha/beta programs, facilitate launches and communications plans with partners globally in concert with Product and Technical Project Manager counterparts.
- Evaluate incoming integration requests to determine their viability and strategic justification
- Work with cross functional teams to advocate for partners and ensure integrations are being correctly prioritized
- Communicate project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
- Understand the task and responsibilities of the cross-functional departments and be able to launch mitigation steps in case there is a gap or unforeseen issue that needs to be addressed.
- Identify innovative solutions in the market through expertise on our partners’ capabilities and influence partners to develop such solutions
- Drive adoption through our partnership ecosystem
- Incubate new integration initiatives to grow various business initiatives.
- Synthesize trends in the ecosystem, API product performance, growth, and couple these with insights from partners
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key cross-functional partners across the company and coordinating with working teams to help drive clarity and transparency within cross functional teams.
- Regularly assess the team’s working maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Provide the Director of Technical Program Management Office (TPMO) and all project stakeholders with regular consistent reporting regarding your teams.
- Partner closely with the VP of Engineering to help manage, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Align communication between the cross-functional departments throughout the organization as it pertains to your project/program, with the possibility of off hours duty, if needed.
- Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Experience in consultative projects and be capable of gathering customer requirements
- 5+ years in a project management role for high production, high performing teams that consist of inter-departmental roles such as software, design, product development, and business operations.
- 5+ years in a project/program management role with emphasis on portfolio management and focused on optimized delivery of the initiatives within the portfolio/domain.
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization internally and externally
- Self starter mentality and strong resolve when met with challenges via a project, a program, and personnel.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate to varying levels of management via presentations, scheduled updates, and ad hoc communication requests.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and implement methods to help teams perform efficiently.
- Proven ability to manage teams, mostly through influence, and thrives in a high paced dynamic environment.
- Experience with integration platforms such as Integromat, Tray.io, or Zapier
- JIRA administration and tool (Advanced Roadmaps, Structure, JQL Search Extensions, boards, etc) experience.
- Project Management Certification such as CSM, PMP, CAPM, and SixSigma.
- Experience in process improvement implementations.
- Confluence administration experience.
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INCORRECT: email@example.com
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!