We’re looking for a Senior Technical Sound Designer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Sound Designer to shape the sonic landscape of our world. This pivotal role merges technical expertise with imaginative innovation, integrating immersive audio experiences through middleware and various engine-based solutions.
As a Senior Technical Sound Designer what you create will not only be used internally, it will also be used by external creators to make high quality content for Hytale. You will identify best practices for content creation, develop scripts/tools and automation for sound and music creators, and collaborate with the engineering team to develop the best engine and pipeline for Hytale. You will also use your experience to mentor others, improve workflows, and empower our creators to push the limits of their creativity.
Who you are:
- As a Senior Technical Sound Designer, you prioritize the player’s needs, ensuring your design solutions enhance their gaming experience.
- An excellent communicator; you love providing feedback, sharing and documenting knowledge, mentoring other team members and liaising between audio and engineering.
- A passionate self-starter that works with minimal supervision and is comfortable with both theory and hands-on implementation.
Some of your role:
- Design, implement, and maintain audio playback systems across various domains such as creative tools, animation, and gameplay, while ensuring high-quality audio performance and asset integration.
- Define, implement, and foster understanding of industry-best technical audio workflows and systems; lead the audio project management, optimizing setup, structure, and organization.
- Anticipate potential challenges, devise forward-thinking solutions, and partner with design and engineering teams to refine tools and methodologies for efficient and accessible sound creation.
- Work in unison with audio programmers and sound designers to create and enhance features and systems in line with creative vision and evolving project requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years working as a Technical Sound Designer in the game industry or a similar role demonstrating advanced technical skills in audio development.
- Solid track record of collaborative work with game development teams, including coordination with various departments like animation, level design, AI, physics, and VFX.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Wwise and familiarity with audio programming principles, including basic experience with C++.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- A keen interest in accessibility
- Proficiency in tools such as Reaper
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.