Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you will be part of the Payments team. This is a cross-functional back-end only team. You will support the team in the transitioning from manual to automated testing. The perfect candidate is a Java expert, who loves complex domains, and thinking outside of the box.
- Test new features and existing functionalities of our web based product and APIs.
- Create API tests, system integration tests, load/performance tests on the API service and application, and keeping an eye on the performance benchmarks.
- Write test cases for ongoing features and automated test scenarios following our existing framework.
- Close collaboration with Product, Frontend and Backend Engineers in order to understand and match use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Close collaboration with Payments, BI, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams in order to develop the best fin-tech product.
- Constantly improving the quality of processes, and actively review existing Test Automation scenarios.
- Mentoring of more junior QA Engineers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- 3+ years using Java as your main programming language.
- Experience writing test cases in TestRail or other Test Case Management systems.
- In depth understanding of SQL Databases, with the ability to write complex queries.
- Direct experience with testing web interfaces and APIs.
- Good working knowledge of queue management systems and Docker containers.
- Experience in FinTech or Banking domain would help you know our product in depth very quickly.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?