RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
We are seeking a Senior UI engineer to join the RStudio Connect team. RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for the work data science teams create in R and Python. You’ll be joining a growing team of passionate, talented engineers who have a proven track record of producing great software used by organizations in many different industries. Help us solve problems for data science teams around the world.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, quality analysts, product managers and designers. You’ll work with a range of people that bring different skills to the process.
- Participate in user research and testing. Be ready to talk to users.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the product from design through support. RStudio Connect is still young, we’re building new features and capabilities as well as improving existing ones.
- Drive technical decisions for the front-end architecture and code. Our goal is to have an extendable and maintainable codebase. Help us get there.
- You’ll focus on the user experience for RStudio Connect. By understanding the different ways our users interact with the product, you will help guide future improvements. These may include the installation process, content management and search or integrations with other products. Using your passion for quality and knack for the art of the possible you will specialize in the interfaces of the product.
- 7+ years developing exceptional user experiences.
- Experience optimizing application UI, such as motion and transitions.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy