The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
Design at Primer
We design products that are remarkable – beautiful, intuitive, usable, useful, delightful. We are here to define new paradigms where millions of pieces of data can be consumed in just one page, through narrative and data stories.
The Primer Design team maintains a focus on simplicity and usability throughout our products. Users will be in awe of the complexity that lies beneath an easy-to-use, elegant interface. We are guided by our customers’ experience and aim to empower users with cutting edge tools that will accelerate their understanding of the world.
The Senior Experience Designer
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure a great user experience of our products. You will take a major role in ideation sessions, and it will be your job to translate complex ideas into easy-to-use responsive interfaces. You’ll be designing user flows, mockups and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate ideas and product requirements; you’ll be working on multiple projects in parallel, while evolving a design system.
Our process is very iterative and agile, and we value the feedback loop. Our ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker who is passionate and creative, but is also flexible and accustomed to frequent usability testing and iteration. Candidates should be self-organized, research driven, and eager to communicate with the team to fully understand how our products work. You must have a big picture focus, but also care about the details. At Primer, everyone likes to get their hands dirty – we are all problem solvers, eager to work together to identify design problems and work out intelligent solutions.
Why we’re fun
- We have a collaborative environment with abundant cross-team interactions and learning
- You’ll have the satisfaction of taking products and new features through from concept to their initial genesis to incorporation in a deployed product
- We make products that help some of the world’s most influential organizations solve their highest impact problems
- 5+ years of professional experience working in product UX roles
- Strong portfolio showing experience building products for multiple form factors
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas with executives, product managers, designers, and engineers
- Ability to lead discussions, presentations, and design thinking exercises
- Interest in visual storytelling and data visualization
Expect to Do the Following:
- Work with stakeholders on various design projects across the organization
- Create multiple concepts and translate them to high fidelity designs and prototypes
- Move fluidly between design tools, such as Figma and Adobe CC
- Interact with clients, conduct usability studies, and iterate based on user feedback and research
- Contribute to the Design System