- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product, and other Outschool teams to identify and prioritize research needs
- Proactively plan and execute user research throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, working closely & collaboratively with product partners
- Conduct end-to-end qualitative/quantitative studies with limited supervision
- Identify the best research method(s) based on key questions, timeline, product lifecycle, and resourcing
- Identify, implement and iterate on new research methodologies as our research operations continue to evolve
- Contribute to the development of a data-informed understanding of Outschool’s users and potential users
- Help the research team develop and optimize internal processes to maintain both rigor and speed as we scale
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4+ years of experience in UX research, with an emphasis on product research/strategy
- You have a solid grasp of qualitative and quantitative methods and can apply the right methods to the right questions with confidence
- You know when to move fast and when to advocate for more rigor in research
- You’re a compelling storyteller who knows that a well-articulated story will inspire and influence
- You can quickly distill complex ideas to their essence and socialize findings with ease
- Your business acumen and product savviness enable you to prioritize and deliver research that will drive important decisions at the company
- You’re a highly collaborative people-person who enjoys connecting with, and helping others, whether they’re users or teammates
- You’re supremely detail-oriented and have rock-solid project management skills
- You can drive projects forward and deliver results with minimal supervision
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, and are excited to be an early member of the UX team, contributing to its evolution and success
- You can interpret and work with quantitative data, know your way around a spreadsheet, can analyze/report on survey data, and have basic SQL skills
- You have a passion for education and learning
- 1+ years working in startups
- Experience conducting research for a marketplace product
- Experience in education, EdTech, or a parent-focused product or service
- Experience conducting research with children age 3-18
- Experience with data analysis and/or product management
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.