Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
The Corporate IT team is looking for a Service Desk Technician to join the herd. We are responsible for supporting technology for all corporate employees. This includes their devices, peripherals, accounts, email etc. We also look after the corporate backend environment, which means exposure to server operating systems, networking and security opportunities!
As a Service Desk Technician, you will leverage your technical skills by handling and resolving incoming support incidents, provisioning of devices and software deployments. Demonstrating your customer service skills while helping users overcome their technical issues will be core to this role. Having a constant appetite for knowledge and self-improvement will make you an excellent candidate for this role. While on the team, having a “can do” attitude will help you succeed.
You will be exposed to many different technologies and platforms and be provided many opportunities to learn.
Does this sounds like you? we would love to hear from you.
- Providing 1st level support to all Tucows Employees (on prem and remote)
- Provisioning equipment to end users
- Solving end user technical issues
- First level Windows Server Administration duties
- Account administration (PW resets, account creations, group membership modifications)
- Corporate IT asset management
- Solve VPN issues
- Participation in project work as assigned
- Participation in on call rotation
- Superb interpersonal skills & service excellence crucial in this role
- Experience with deployment of PC, Apple and Linux devices
- Experience following and crafting process documentation
- Good knowledge of common Operating Systems (Win10, MacOS, Linux)
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory
- Basic VoIP understanding
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.