Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is Silicon Valley based, profitable, high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Ken Hao (Chairman, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Mark Leschly (CEO of Universal Tennis, Founder & Managing Partner of Iconica Partners, Managing Partner of Rho Capital Partners); Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
Universal Tennis is looking for a Senior Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer to help improve our customer experience by defining, maintaining, and improving service-level objectives for the Universal Tennis platform. You will also help improve the development experience for the engineering team by automating infrastructure, building CI/CD pipelines, and improving the observability of the platform. This role will report to the Site Reliability Engineering Manager. If you have a strong foundation as a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer, believe in the power of continuous improvement, and have a willingness to help where needed, Universal Tennis may be the place for you!
In this role you will:
- Define and maintain SLOs for the Universal Tennis platform
- Identify and implement reliability and efficiency improvements to the platform
- Help mentor and train other SREs as well as other engineers
- Create and maintain terraform to manage test and production environments
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines and other automation tools
- Work with engineers to support product development from inception to release
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Respond to, diagnose, and solve production incidents
- Conduct root cause analysis and blameless post-mortems
- 4+ experience as a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Azure or other Cloud platform
- Experience with Azure Pipelines or other CI/CD tool
- Comfort with software development practices and languages like C#, Java.
- Experience with New Relic, OpsGenie or other observability and alerting platforms
- Experience with SQL Server or other relational database
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus
The Company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA but this position is FULLY REMOTE. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and UNLIMITED PTO, telecommuting, medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with long term and short term disability and a bunch of that other fun stuff that you’d expect from a tech start-up.