About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Site Reliability Engineer – (Remote, US)
It is an exciting time to be a part of Wurl’s Site Reliability team. Wurl’s growing SRE team is helping us to systematically monitor and improve our platform. The SRE will operate at the intersection of software engineering and infrastructure engineering to ensure reliable, scalable, operable and secure products and services. We are looking for someone who will grow with this team and help shape processes to increase service reliability, scalability, and observability at one of the fastest growing Silicon Valley startups.
What You’ll Do:
- Relentlessly pursue reliability and excellence based upon data/stats gathered from our real world services
- Implement and evangelize for reusable solutions that can be deployed as “Infrastructure As Code”
- Engineer best practice solutions in conjunction with multiple CDN network partners to optimize delivery of our video streams
- Balance on-going production projects with upcoming releases that require new monitoring solutions
- Review metrics compliance and identify improvement projects for tighter compliance
- Work with other engineering teams across the company to improve their processes/monitoring/observability.
- Contribute to Root Cause Analyses for major incidents with input from all departments across the company
- Own and resolve tickets escalated from support for customer impacting events
- Own the development and maintenance for all service metrics to ensure proper coverage as our products evolve
- Own tooling, alerts, error budgets, and dashboards to ensure compliance with SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs
- Author and own the playbooks used to address events in production
- 3+ years experience as an SRE or similar work.
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge to empower coworkers
- Linux Systems Administration and experience with AWS services
- Strong understanding of core web technologies
- Ability to communicate and describe problems and their resolutions to both technical and non-technical people
- Solid experience developing, maintaining, and debugging Python, Ruby, Node.JS, or GoLang scripts.
- Solid experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Experience with container technologies
- A history with successfully handling on-call support and techniques for working to reduce on-call workload
A Plus if You Have
- Understanding of streaming video technology
- CDN and Caching technology knowledge
- Knowledge of best practices for monitoring web-based content
- Experience with information security and best practices
We recognize that not all applicants will not always met 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.