Babylist is searching for a thoughtful, versatile Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability to join our Engineering team. In this position, you’ll be the go-to person for building and operating our cloud infrastructure to deliver maximum performance at scale. You’ll be given free reign to dive deep into our production architecture, dreaming up ways to bring more speed, efficiency, and automation to our systems.
What You’ll Do
- Build cloud infrastructure, manage our production environment, and participate in our on-call rotation to support applications with millions of monthly active users.
- Analyze and implement performance improvements in our API and backend application layers
- Improve our development, deployment, and monitoring tools
- Mentor other team members through design and architecture planning, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions
What You’ve Done
- Backed by at least 5 years of professional programming experience, including time at a rapidly growing e-commerce or technology organization
- Able to build large, complex, and highly maintainable systems—and you have the track record to prove it!
- Familiar with building and operating production software in the cloud at scale using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, or a similar provider
- Knowledgeable about modern relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Equipped with a solid understanding of Linux or other UNIX-like systems
- Steeped in modern systems design (you know the ins and outs of networking, DNS, CDNs, and distributed systems)
- An excellent troubleshooter and debugger
- Experienced in Agile development and Continuous Delivery
- A flexible, open-minded developer who’s able and eager to learn new domains quickly
- Strong knowledge of AWS, as well as infrastructure tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Web application development experience
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year buy what they need to welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.