TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
The TaskRabbit marketing team plays a critical role in driving client and Tasker acquisition, engagement, and retention. As the Freelance Social Media Designer & Editor, you will be creating and designing organic social media assets to be used across all social channels. You will maintain TaskRabbit’s visual brand guidelines through cohesive design colors, imagery, and copy. You will add a fresh take to projects with innovative applications and design techniques that complement TaskRabbit. At the core, you have a pulse on the latest design trends within the social media realm and have a love for all things trending across the internet. The ideal candidate designs with an authentic feel in mind. We’re looking for someone to bring a realistic touch to our social channels through UGC and more real-life imagery vs. overly stylized, perfectly created content.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
● Create organic social assets across platforms – Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
● Create assets that are both static and/or video
● Collaborate with social team on project concepts to bring ideas to life
● Innovate new and exciting visual designs that capture the target market’s attention
● Perform retouching and manipulation of images when needed
● Continually assessing the media landscape looking for opportunities to engage new audiences visually
● Develop social templates based on brand guidelines
● Improving the quality and consistency of our visual identity across social media to help the audience identify our content
● 3-5 years experience
● Concentration on organic social media asset creation, extensive experience specifically with graphics and video for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
● Photography skills are a plus
● Ability to produce deliverables within a quick turnaround time
● Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other design/editing software
● Exceptional creativity and innovation
● Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
● Excellent eye for detail and ability to multitask
● Adapts well to the fast-paced working environment
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.