Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you strive for the thrill of taking a creative idea and seeing it come to life to engage a community? We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join us at Thinkific.
Working as the Social Media Manager, you are just as comfortable outlining a social strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves to dive into content creation. You will be responsible for driving Thinkific social strategy while managing and working with external agencies to grow Thinkific’s voice on our social media channels and online communities. Reporting into the Director of Brand Marketing & Partners, you will be the brand voice across all our social media channels and online communities, and have the know-how to craft compelling, unique content customized for each social platform.
Your goal will be to expand our reach, increase our engagement with existing course creators. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Plan and maintain a social content calendar, posting across YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and any new emerging and relevant networks
- Create, edit, and publish content on multiple social channels, ensuring quality standards are met with creative and optimized copy
- Create video content for TikTok and Instagram Reels, must be comfortable on camera with a creative understanding of how to apply TikTok trends to our brand
- Manage and collaborate with our social media agencies to set and execute a comprehensive audience centric multi-channel strategy
- Coordinate with industry influencers and partners to optimize our social reach and engagement
- Conduct reporting to evaluate the ROI success of various social media platforms used and its engagement of users through analytics
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 4+ years of experience working as a social media specialist and are looking to take your career to the next level
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms, and enjoys crafting content and posts for all social platforms, including, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram
- Has experience with Live Streaming tools and are comfortable with being a guest on Livestream & Podcast interviews
- Possess a proven track record of owning all aspects of social media marketing and running (successful!) marketing campaigns for a SaaS company
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- A passion for digital marketing and business growth. We’re building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Ability to constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
- Can plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, Open Rates, Analytics, A/B Testing and Acquisition Funnels are regular parts of your vocabulary
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!