Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
As a key leader in Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house Brand team, you’ll be the go-to expert on social media, supporting initiatives that grow our brand by building awareness and expanding our reach in new and existing markets. Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, you’ll drive our global social media strategy, leading campaigns and reporting and empowering the team to grow the Lightspeed brand. You’ll pitch and manage projects and oversee the creation of content for multiple channels, from LinkedIn to TikTok. Your work will have a direct impact on helping the company grow its customer base, build community and meet our ambitious growth goals, positioning Lightspeed not just as a leading one-stop commerce platform but as a world-class brand and employer.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading our social media strategy, calendar planning and campaigns from briefing to deployment
- Collaborating with the Brand Director and VP to define social media KPIs and oversee reporting and performance
- Collaborating with our Growth team to align strategy and analytics for paid and organic social
- Pitching, briefing, managing and measuring brand and social media campaigns and initiatives
- Evolving our global platform and localization strategy
- Reporting on performance and championing the importance of social media in our organization
- Building our influencer marketing strategy and managing relationships and partnerships
- Building and overseeing our employee advocacy program
- Overseeing community management and outreach across our social platforms
- Managing and training others on social media management and listening tools
- Hiring and managing social media specialists, interns and freelancers, including development plans, performance reviews and 1:1s
- Championing social media and community management best practices and supporting the global team through role-specific training, coaching and feedback
- Delivering highly polished, creative and impactful content that supports brand and acquisition goals
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our key products, customers and business types
- Staying up to date on brand, digital marketing and social media news and trends
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 5+ years of organic and paid social media and marketing experience in a fast-paced SaaS or B2B marketing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and experience crafting channel strategies
- Strong content creation skills and excellent written English language skills
- Advanced knowledge of social media management and analytics tools such as Sprout, Meta Business Suite and Google Analytics
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, with the ability to set and report on success metrics, analyze data and recommend improvements
- In-depth knowledge of social media, brand and content marketing and industry trends
- Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, from sales to product to legal
- Strong empathy for merchants and a passion for creating content that connects
- Outstanding editing and project management skills with a crazy attention to detail
- A resourceful, innovative and data-driven mindset with a bias to action
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience and contacts in the retail, hospitality or tech industry
- Experience managing an editorial calendar
- Experience managing junior team members and/or freelancers
- Fluent French language writing and speaking skills
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed RSU program (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning
- Volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.